Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hard

So, I guess technically I have been on modified bed rest for about two and a half months now.

I know, to some who have never had to experience this delightful adventure, doing nothing may sound like the easiest thing in the world. Believe me, it is not easy.
Mentally and emotionally, it is anything but easy.

It makes me have compassion for people who are unable to do anything and still stay in a chipper mood and have good spirits. You have to work at it constantly.

It's very easy to become paranoid and depressed, wondering if anyone even knows you exist when you don't hear from anyone for days on end. My mom's daily phone call to see how I am doing, becomes a treasure that I look forward to.

If I were truly alone, it would be an almost impossible thing to bear. I am glad I have Shane and two kids to keep me company. :)

A mental exercise of the day is to think of all the blessings I have and things that make me happy. It really does help.

Getting dressed in normal clothing is a necessity. It's amazing how just getting dressed for the day can make you feel really good.

Only 5 weeks until the due date, and if Jeffrey and my body cooperate, only 4 weeks until he will be born. :) It is something I look forward to on a daily basis. Then I will have something new to keep me busy and on my toes.

1 comment:

Jess'n'John said...

Yay for only 4 weeks since you posted this one. :-) Jeffrey is a good name. Hopefully everything keeps going great! :-) Take care.