The other day I had the computer screen on my blog and Hazel came in the room. She sat there with an intent look on her face looking at the screen and then commented, "Oh, the baby is sleeping...wait, now he's awake!"
I knew that she thought the baby countdown ticker was an actual representation of our baby so I told her, "You know, the baby on the computer isn't the baby growing in mommy's tummy. It's just a drawing and counts down the days left til the baby is supposed to be born..."
A look of knowing crossed her face. "Ohhhh... Yeah, and THAT baby doesn't have any clothes on!"
"Well, the baby inside me doesn't have any clothes on either...neither did you when you were born!" Her eyes got huge.
"I didn't?"
"Nope, you have to provide clothes for the baby after they are born."
I could tell, she was quite intrigued that the baby not only didn't look exactly like the baby on the countdown ticker, but that the baby was ALSO NAKED!
3 comments:
haha!! kids are so funny! i take it you guys dont refer to naked as "your birthday suit"?
How cute! Kids are so funny when they learn new things - especially about babies!
that is hilarious! My kids were pretty surprised when looking at our ultrasound pictures and they couldn't see clothes on our baby girl either. :-) Especially since girls have to be more modest than boys...i.e. boys don't wear a shirt when swimming. ;-)
Post a Comment