Well there are definitely changes looming on the horizon, and not just because a baby is coming!
A few months ago after looking over our financial situation we decided it would be okay to try and go part-time. After talking to my manager, it was decided that maybe PRN would be even a better option. (PRN would mean only working 2-3 days per 2 weeks.)
There is another longer story to this, but I can't write about it on here. It has been a very frustrating emotional time for me, and there have been many times when I just felt like quitting and throwing in the towel.
My self-esteem has definitely been on the lower edge, and negative thoughts and feelings have been difficult to force out. That is when a loving spouse and understanding mother, have been a needed relief to my tattered ego.
So, at the beginning of May I will start PRN...or so I've been told. This will mean no more call (I will definitely NOT MISS IT AT ALL!) and a lot fewer hours, but hopefully I will be able to retain what I have learned.
The more I have thought and prayed about this decision, the more I feel like it is the right one. I feel peace when I think about it. I know it is a good thing, and will be an added bonus when we have a new baby to care for and Shane still working graveyards.
Plus, I will be home more, and I will be where my family needs me most. That gives me more peace than anything, because I feel like I have been lacking in the dependable parent department for a while now, and I know it has been stressful for the whole family.
Only one more month where I have to take a weekend call. WOOHOO!! (This weekend is my turn, and then probably one in April...)
No comments:
Post a Comment