Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sweet

One of the biggest blessings in my life is my husband. (You can all groan now...) I know I have written about him before, quite frequently, but I can't help it when he is one of the largest blessings in my life. If I am down and depressed and feeling lonely, I can turn to Shane and he is always there for me.

He is there when I am having a rough emotional day, when all my peace and contentment seem to be gone. He is there to comfort me when I realize, yet again, that we can't have more kids. He is so attentive and loving, that I know I will never be able to match his level of affection and commitment, but I try anyway.

When people are in a class with us for marriage relationships, they probably think he is lying when he says, "I do everything I can to make her life better." It sounds glurgy and sickly sweet, but he means every word, and it makes my life bearable because of it.

Our marriage hasn't been a super easy one. Our challenges have been many and not far between, but they are challenges that have never been complicated by wondering if he loves me. That is one thing I have never questioned. Marriages grow stronger by the hardships that you bear and work together on. If you don't work on them together, you begin to draw apart.

I look at other marriage relationships around me, and know that we have an anomaly. I am glad it is me.

1 comment:

Miss Heather said...

I don't think you're cheesy... I think it's amazing you found such an awesome guy who knows how awesome you are... I love you both!