Sunday, December 19, 2010

Matched



This is the latest and greatest book I have read. IT IS AMAZING!!! I LOVE IT!!! In fact I'm reading it again, even before Shane gets to read it once...yeah, kinda selfish of me I know, but it is SOOOOO good!

This book, while completely capable of standing on its own, has similarities to The Giver, Hunger Games (loosely), and other books that describe an alternate society.

In this story, you have a society where freedoms have been taken away. Everything is decided by computer and statistics: your job, where you live, who you marry or are "matched" with, the food you eat... I think you get the idea.

I get the impression there will be more books to follow after this one, but it is capable of being on its own if there aren't.

I thought it was interesting to note that the author of this book is the sister of a girl I went to college with down at SUU. Small world! She doesn't know me, and her sister may remember me if she saw me and I "refreshed" her memory, but still it just made me think it was so cool!!

This book definitely gets 5 pens from me! Go read it, you will like it!

1 comment:

Patty B. said...

Thanks for the review. Sounds interesting. I'll have to check this one out!