Yesterday was the first big snow storm we have had so far. I thought this storm was interesting for a few reasons...
Everyone at work kept talking about the "blizzard" that was supposed to happen in the afternoon. The news kept predicting "the storm of the century." This kept making me laugh, because, we live in a state that typically gets a lot of snow. Not a TON but a lot.
I kept thinking that I would just laugh my head off if the predicted storm just blew right over without dropping a thing. Weather is not exactly a predictable science where we live.
Schools closed. Before the storm even came! When does that EVER happen?! Well, okay, technically it DIDN'T happen where we live, but a half hour away in a little bigger city it did.
So, by the time I left work, it was snowing, and then it snowed harder. We did get about 5 inches of snow in 2 hrs...according to the weather report. Still...I've been through worse.
One interesting thing about this storm though, was that it came down so quickly that all the roads were ice this morning. Then, because the storm front had moved on, the air was bitter cold. I think the high point of the day hit 18 degrees. That's quite a change from 40+ degrees just days before. My daughter was worried that the snow would melt before she got to play in it. Hehehe...not likely!
Well, I guess winter is here! A white Thanksgiving too. That hasn't happened since I was a little kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment