So, it was kind of funny...well, I thought so anyway, and it triggered a memory that made me laugh.
Okay, now that I have you completely confused, I will clarify. :)
One of my friends had a link to a blog that I guess is a spoof. I will take them at their word, because, it is like some blogs that I have read, but they say it's a spoof blog, so...I guess it is.
Anyway, in the blog the writer's voice is all trendy and sometimes reminds me of what we called "valley girl" talk and has all the AlTeRnAtInG letters and things that I have never really understood...anyway...
It made me remember this time when I was in high school (I know, we're dusting off the cobwebs here because I was...I want to say, a sophmore at the time). Anyway, I was in an English class and we had to write a story with dialogue in it, so I wrote a story with dialogue in it. Then we had a "peer" read it and give suggestions. I still remember that one of the suggestions was to make the speech "more real" like "real people talk." This made me laugh because I wrote it in the way my friends and I talked!
Can I help it if my friends and I were all nerds? ;)
It also made me think about my blog and how about the trendiest thing on my blog is the background, which I found out how to do by accident.
3 comments:
I have never heard of "spoof blog". What does it mean?
p.s. it also drives me crazy when people write in that alternating lower and upper case style!!! SO aggravating to try to read!!!
Well, if I were to use the blog that they called that as a reference, I guess it is a blog that uses all the stereotypical things that "Mormon Mommies" tend to write about on their blogs, and kind of blows them out of proportion so that they are funny..I guess.
Eve has a link to it on hers. It is pretty funny, you can check it out and see what you think.
Okay I guess technically it is a "parody" blog...whatever that means...I'll just stick with spoof and call it good. ;)
Post a Comment