Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Weird

I know I'm weird. I use herbs and essential oils (which is even more weird since I work at a hospital...) I don't talk a whole lot about it at work, and my coworkers that know, tease me lightheartedly, but...just another proving that it is WORTH IT!

I got a super nasty virus that has been going around. Almost everyone that has gotten it that I know has gotten bronchitis as a secondary infection, and sometimes an ear infection too. Me, NADA! Zilcho! Zip!

I had 4 days of feeling like mucho crapola, and now, I am almost 100%. I say almost because my energy level is pretty much in the basement, but my cough is almost gone, and the stuffy cotton head feeling is gone too.

This is a virus that usually has people out for at least 7-10 days, if not longer. So, if I am weird, so be it. I will take the teasing and be sick for half the time any day! :)

I probably would have been sick even less but I was in denial and didn't put on the essential oils until I was already sick. Shane started getting the sore throat I had and I made him put essential oils on pronto! He didn't take a lot of convincing since he saw what I went through. I am so glad to be on the up and up!

1 comment:

Debra said...

One of my good friends here in Roosi also uses essential oils and she is rarely sick...she also works as an RN. I don't think you are so weird...you gotta do what works for you:)