I was just thinking back over my weekend, and compared it to last year. This year was definitely better!
Last year...I was sick. So sick I was in bed and basically had been for a while. They thought I had the swine flu, or at least possibly had. They couldn't test for it, because I wasn't sick enough to be hospitalized.
This year...I was on call for work. This meant that I had to be within 20 minutes of the hospital.
Both years...meant that I couldn't go to any family things. Last year they were camping and I didn't want to get anyone sick, and quite frankly all I wanted to do was sleep. This year, the party was still too far away even though it was at my in-laws.
Shane bought some fireworks and set them off for me since I couldn't go to the BIG firework show. It was nice and I appreciated it. :)
I would much rather be on call than sick though. Last summer was not that great of a summer. This summer will be busy with mainly work, but we have a few fun things planned, and I am definitely looking forward to them!!
No comments:
Post a Comment