Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hmm...

So...went to the doctor yesterday for a follow up visit to my E.R. visit that happened back in March. Didn't really find out anything new, just kind of clarified and wrote down what our next course of action is...I guess. (I mean, I know, but...it's all a little overwhelming at this point.)

Tomorrow I get another ultrasound of the cyst on my left ovary, which is hopefully smaller. Apparently it was a "complex" cyst, which means it has more than one area inside itself. *joy* Wouldn't want to have anything simple would we? So, there's that. If the cyst is bigger, well, then we look into whether we should do surgery to remove the cyst. If we do that, my doc also said that we might want to consider doing an ovarian drilling. Believe me, all these things are NOT filling me with twinges of excitement.

So, round two of feeling like I'm taking a million prescriptions, except this time I will be on Femara, which my body tolerates MUCH better than Clomid. Clomid is evil!! I asked him if he thought I still had PCOS, and yeah...that one was pretty obvious.

The whole time I'm thinking, why am I doing this? Does it even matter? I'm probably not going to get pregnant anyway so what's the point. Plus...do I even want to get pregnant? Do I want to even have one grain of hope? Bleh.

So, we try all that, and in a few months if I am still not pregnant, then I get to have a hysterosalpingogram. Can I tell you that there are times when I wish I DIDN'T know so much medical stuff? *sigh*

Onward and upward we go!

No comments: