Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Dentist

So, last November we were supposed to have our 2nd cleaning with our new dentist, Dr. Haslam (who is AWESOME by the way!!!) but ended up cancelling because I was working.

Well, time kind of flew by after that, and in May I finally got around to making the appointment to get our teeth cleaned. (Yeah, I know, technically we missed 2 checkups).

Shane had crown work done, and will get his teeth cleaned in a few weeks. Harrison had NO CAVITIES! Yay! I think that is the first time that has happened since he was 5.

Poor little Hazel had 5 cavities. I knew about one of them because it was gargantuan and was starting to cause her a little pain. They fixed three of them that were on the left side of her mouth, and we have to go back in a few weeks to get the other two fixed. The one cavity was big enough that he almost had to do a pulpectomy (or kid root canal) so we are hoping it will calm down and not need that. If she keeps having pain though, she will have to have one.

My teeth are still cavity free. Yay!

I love getting my teeth cleaned at his office though, because they don't use the normal pumice stuff (except on kids), they use something else that feels like they are sandblasting your teeth. I think I wrote about it before, but it is pretty cool. It stings a little when it is being done, but the super clean, polished teeth afterward make it worth it! Plus, no tender throbbing mouth for days afterward!

No comments: