Saturday, May 29, 2010

So...

It's that time again...the time where I sit here and really want to write something, and yet, nothing comes to mind. Do you want to read about all my surgical ventures? Probably not so much, and it gets tricky when I can't talk about anything specifically because of all the hippaa stuff.

I feel like these days my time consists of...get up, go to work, come home, make dinner, read a bedtime story, put kids to bed, and then repeat. It's made even more repetative and lonely when I never get to see Shane. Well, it feels like never. At least I get to kiss him goodbye in the morning and see him on the weekend and I can barely handle that. Meaning that I miss my hubby!!!

We keep hoping he will be put on the graveyard shift at least sometime soon, since day shift is next to impossible to get on. Plus, it really wouldn't help in the childcare dept especially for summer. Still, I am glad that we both have jobs and we are at least trying to get on top of our finances. It is encouraging to know that we have at least made some progress.

Hmm a story from my past maybe? Well, maybe a lesson learned. It's kind of interesting how we learn certain things. For example, I learned very early on in my teenage years that I could not handle being in a marriage with someone who played the same instrument as me. Isn't that funny? I remember, every time I liked a guy who played the instrument I did or he liked me, it just didn't go well.

I look at my marriage to Shane and I am so grateful for it. We get along so well. We don't have the disagreements that seem to plague most marriages. We like a lot of the same things, but we have our own interests too. Shane likes guns, me, not so much. He likes to snowmobile, ski, and other things. Me, not so much. I guess it's important to have opposite interests and similar interests. We think a lot alike, and while our personalities are different, we have a lot of similarities too. I guess the most wonderful thing about being married to Shane is that I enjoy being married to him, and it doesn't feel like work to do it. It can't get better than that!

No comments: