So, after what seems like FOREVER we finally watched Avatar. I was intrigued to see it after all the raving reviews it received, and it's sci-fi which I typically like. We were even kind of bummed that we put off seeing it so long that we didn't see it in the theatre.
Well...maybe it's meant to only be a theatre experience. I mean, it was okay, but it wasn't super amazing the way everyone made it out to be. Of course, this means that if I watch it a few more times I might like it more. It has potential.
That seems to be a thing with me. If I see a movie, and it's just okay, then I will most likely end up liking it more later. It I see a movie and absolutely love it, I will always love it. If I see a movie and don't like it because it's dumb, or other reasons...well...it's not likely I'll ever watch it again.
Anyway, as we were watching it I told Shane it reminded me of Dances With Wolves. Not all of it obviously, but the basic storyline and premise. I mean, the guy goes and lives with the natives who accept him because of their religious leader...hmm, sounds vaguely familiar. Then falls in love with the female who is supposed to teach him...mmmhmmm....
Still, it was okay in a I might watch it again way... ;)
4 comments:
my hubby (who typically likes sci fi) didnt like it at all. i think maybe he would have had it not had so much hype though. but i didnt watch it. hate those kind of movies. maybe i'm missing out?
I felt the same way about it. It was pretty, but hardly life changing. I did love the idea of a tree of life. That was awesome. Everything else--all the 2 dimensional characters and hokie dialogue--meh.
Our take on the movie was that it mimmicked Pocahontas. Still, it was interesting. Not sure how many times I want to see this one.
My husband said it reminded him of the cartoon Fern Gully.
Post a Comment