Oh my heart is happy! It is FINALLY spring! The weather has been gorgeous for almost a week now! It's supposed to rain Wednesday I guess, but even then, it will be a spring rain! (I hope!)
My daffodils have started blooming, the candy tuft is getting ready to, and my iris have started coming up. I can see that I will have to add some hyacinths and TULIPS (my favorite flower).
The only reason I have daffodils and iris is because they came with the house. I even dug up all the iris roots from the backyard and transplanted them. I knew this was easy to do because a neighbor when I was growing up was always bringing some to my mom and they ALWAYS grew no matter what! One time, my brother took some to my aunt, and she didn't want any so he threw them down in the weeds and THEY GREW.
Spring flowers are something I seem able to grow because they require NO WORK AT ALL. No babying. They just grow and grow and grow. *sigh* I love spring!
1 comment:
i love tulips too! i always plan to plan some but have never gotten around to it so my yard is bare in the spring.
btw...i heard wednesdays storm is supposed to be snow. yuck!
Post a Comment