So, I know I kind of left a cliff hanger in my other post. I mean...I am having a crappy day, doesn't really say much, but here's the kicker... I hate writing sad stuff on my blog.
I want everyone to think that I am always happy! That the only thing I feel bad about is not being able to get pregnant...and everything else is just hunky dory!
Well, today was SO NOT hunky dory.
So, even though I don't want to be negative...here is my negative horrible awful day...
It actually started out all right. I got to sleep in. I got to actually have a conversation with my hubby IN PERSON and not just on the phone. Then I had a meeting in my living room with the stake music chairperson, which I felt went well. Then came the first bad part...
I went and got our Yukon inspected. Here is what I was expecting...I drive the Yukon to the inspection place, they take 20 minutes and hand me a paper with GINORMUS words stating PASSED. Here's what really happened...
Um, yeah, the third brake light is burned out...that's why your brake light is on (hmm I wondered why that light wouldn't turn off...) and the lower ball joint on the front tire is really loose and worn and needs to be replaced... (at this point I'm thinking, okay...how much is that going to be? I was expecting under $100.00) well, here's a quote...it will cost $359.00 to replace the bottom one, but the top one should be replaced too, and so it will be twice that... uh huh...hmm...$700+ dollars... I'll get back with you on that one...
So I go home really bummed because I wanted to head straight over to the registration office and renew it. The sweet spot is that my hubby called the auto part store, found out he could get both parts for about $50.00 and then talked to his dad who used to be a mechanic and they can do it themselves (they are so cool!) and then we just have to have the auto place realign the steering...hmmm. $700 or $100...which one would you choose?
Okay, so that was just slightly annoying, but felt a whole lot more annoying because there are other stressful things going on that I can't write about that are work related...and just stressful to deal with...but I still like my job I promise!
Then I go to help with the Relief Society ward birthday party. That was all fine and dandy and I felt good about helping out all the while thinking of the crazy afternoon ahead (scouts, lesson, help more, and evening is pretty much shot...) when my son's scout leader calls.
Well, my day had been pretty stressful and crazy and she asked me if I could pick up a boy for scouts since I was actually home. I told her that I had a lot on my plate and I didn't want to commit to something that I didn't feel I could carry out.
Afterwhich she told me I was rude and not very nice (serious here), and that since I wasn't willing to do it, she wasn't going to ever pick my son up for scouts again and I could find someone else to give him a ride. First I was kind of in shock that she was being so mean, and then I just told her fine, that I would. So, that was just the straw that broke a very laden camel's back and I had an emotional breakdown, which led to much crying and sobbing and negative thoughts and my husband calling in and telling his work that he would be an hour late.
So, I went to the party with puffy eyes all the while wishing I could be home in bed watching a show on HULU.
I still feel somewhat pathetic and horrible and like the meanest most awful person on the planet. It's been a very downer day.
4 comments:
I am sorry Melissa. That lady was totally out of line! I think it was better that you tried to be honest and let her know that you were extremely busy. If I wasn't so shy, and that happened to me, I think I would have given her a piece of my mind when I arrived to pick up that boy.
Wow.
Apparently, the scout leader was having a crappy day too. Maybe you could call her in the next couple of days and work this out. You'll need to, you know?
I hope your day gets better.
Wow. the scout leader was definitely out of line ripping into you for being honest. Delegation is great for leadership as long as they find someone willing to be delegated on! That's their job not yours. She must have been having a bad day as well. Glad that your car can be fixed by hubby and dad. :-) Hope you've had better days since. *Hugs*
Sometimes I can not believe how bold people are. I am glad that your car issue will be resolved for less $$. Gotta love handy husbands.
Post a Comment