Wow! It has been a while since I wrote on here. I keep checking my blog...I don't know why, I mean, it's not like my blog is going to write itself! Working full-time definitely keeps me on my toes, but I really enjoy my job. I hope I continue to enjoy it. I guess "enjoy" is the wrong term, because I mean...it IS surgery, and in a perfect world, I would wish health on everyone and there would be no need for a surgical tech. But there is a need, and I'm glad that I am able to partly fill that need.
Weekends have once again become a treasure. Treasured time for me and my family. It has made Shane and I grow closer then we already were. We look forward to the time when we can sit and have longer than a five minute conversation. That is one thing that will be nice when I am fully trained and switched to 4 ten's is I will have a day off during the week.
Many people ask me how my kids are handling the change. For the most part they are doing fine. At this point in time I usually get home by 3:30 so they aren't even with a sitter that long. It will be a little different when I work my regular shift and start taking call. When I got home from work one day Harrison told me, "Mom, I am glad you are working at the hospital. How many lives did you save today?" and Hazel informed Shane that the reason I went back to work is because Sylvie is "driving me NUTS!" (not true btw...)
It has been very interesting trying to keep up on housework and other things, but we have been making it work. My brain is still adjusting to waking up early in the morning, and by the end of the day I have sore feet. Still, I am glad I held on to the shoes I bought originally when I worked before. If I wear any other shoe my knees are throbbing by the end of the day in addition to sore feet, so I am glad that I have them!!
So, life is good. A HUGE chunk of stress actually went away when I got a job, and I am glad that it is GONE! Now we can start meeting some of the goals that we started a year ago.
1 comment:
It's so nice to hear from you, being a working mom and all, and it's nice you have a job you like that "saves lives." Sounds like you're doing really well!
Post a Comment