Wednesday, November 4, 2009

It's like riding a bike...

So, yesterday I had a little orientation at the hospital I will actually be working at. This was compared to the 8 hour orientation that I had at their "sister" hospital. The shorter orientation was nice. :)

Anyway, the rest of the day yesterday I helped in Central Supply, which is where they sterilize all the surgical instruments and items, and was shown where everything was. It was pretty great, and made me even more excited to have a job doing what I enjoyed doing before when I worked.

Today, because the person that usually works in Central Supply had the day off, I scrubbed in as a second scrub (meaning that I assisted the main scrub and the surgeon) and that was pretty great. I was pretty happy with how quickly all the things that I learned were starting to come back to me. It was such a good feeling.

One of the nurses asked me how long it had been and when I told her it had been five years, she said, "That's okay, it's like riding a bike, you never forget how..." :)

The staff are all really nice. At least they have been. I think I will get along with them really well.

2 comments:

Miss Heather said...

You were actually IN surgery with the surgeon, etc?? WOWOWOW! You're amazing! I can barely watch things like that on TV. :) I'm so glad you found a job!

Jess'n'John said...

:-) Congrats! I'm glad you are excited about your job!