Friday, October 16, 2009

The Hunt

Well, I think most of you know that I have been searching for a job lately. This past week I had TWO interviews! Yay! One was on Monday, and the other one was today. I should find out if I got a job for either interview by the end of next week.

I always think it's kind of interesting when people ask you how the interview went. Most interviews are not psychotic like the interview I had a few weeks ago. Most interviews involve the manager or person interviewing, actually wanting to question you and finding out a little bit more about you.

So, in that regard, both interviews went well. The people interviewing were very nice, and I think they liked the things that I had to say, for the most part. Since I am just wanting work, either job would be great. One job would probably be more flexible with me where time is considered though, and so, I find myself hoping that that would be the job that hires me, if either one does.

I did experience something interesting though. For all of the interviews that I have had recently, I have had Shane give me a blessing before I go. Today, however, I decided it wasn't necessary. WOW. If I ever had any doubt about the effect that a blessing can have, it is gone now. I felt so anxious. I couldn't form what I felt were acceptable responses. It was like my brain was in another room. The interview still went well, but if I have any other job interviews, you can bet I will get a blessing beforehand!

Probably the most embarrassing thing that happened was that I accidentally set off the alarm...and it was loud...the manager seemed fine with it and told me it was okay, and that it happened a lot. Hmm...do you think that will affect their decision? I hope not!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol.... you set off the alarm??? that sounds like something i would have done!
i hope you get a really good job that pays really good :)

Patty B. said...

Good luck! I'm sure you'll be an asset to either business! And, hopefully after you get the job, you'll have time to keep up writing!