It's been...interesting...this past little while. I guess I need to remember all the wonderful and inspiring things I heard during conference, because I did, and I felt really good. (Even without the announcement of a temple fairly close to where I live.)
Still, in all of the trials I experience, I can always remember the things that I learn. The emotions felt. The main thing being that it teaches me empathy. Real. True. Empathy. A feeling so deep that it beats in your very soul.
Well, this time the empathy is enhanced for poor people. Really poor people. The feeling of being empty. Feeling like there is no way to survive the current situation you are in.
I look at our current situation, and...no, we're not poor, but money is an issue. The positive spot in that, is that the majority of the debt that we are beholden to, was necessary. It wasn't for frivolous worldly things. It was for health. For life.
So, even though things are beyond tight in the budget department, and no jobs loom on the horizon, I can still look above and feel peace, and know that things will work out. I just need to keep putting one foot in front of the other.
1 comment:
When I read your blog title, I thought of the movie Mamma Mia, the part when the girls are reading the mom's journal, and the mom wrote "and we dot dot dot"...
I'm laughing because it's not funny--your post isn't that at all!
Empathy is a good quality to have. Not everyone is lucky to have that trait!
Post a Comment