Monday, September 28, 2009

All's well that ends well...

So, last week I was REALLY looking forward to Friday and Saturday. Shane's mom was going to watch the kids...overnight, and then we wouldn't pick them up until about nine o' clock Saturday night.

We were going to do a lot of fun things. The possibilities were endless! And then...our plans changed. Everyone at Shane's mom's house had the flu! Ick! No way were we going to take our kids there to get sick as well. Shane was pretty bummed. I was pretty bummed...and we wondered, what were we going to do?

There were a couple problems we had to figure out. It wasn't too big of a deal that the kids weren't spending the night somewhere, but Saturday was a problem because we had tickets to a play. So, what to do?

I know, some people are like, just get a sitter...well, that becomes a problem when said sitter would have to watch our kids for nine hours. It just seems too long to leave them with a sitter. So, we usually try to find a family member or some other adult friend to watch them. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but this time there was the added difficulty of...the General Relief Society Broadcast. So, all female friends and neighbors...not available.

Thankfully, Shane's brother and wife said they would watch them. I was SO GLAD! Then there was Friday. We were just going to do something with the kids, but after karate, I realized that we BOTH (Shane and I) needed a date! I called and was able to find a sitter on very short notice. So, we went to a movie (only had to pay for one ticket) and then dinner at Arby's.

The movie was okay. We went and saw "All About Steve." It had some funny bits, and a Hollywood ending, but there was one scene that I could have lived without seeing. All in all, I would probably give it two and a half stars out of five. You can all live without seeing this movie, I promise, you can.

The play we went to on Saturday however...was a whole different thing. We went to The Scarlet Pimpernel, and it was amazing. WOW. The costumes, the stage, set, scenery, story, acting, all wonderful. Then to top it off, one of my high school friends is the set/tech producer and he gave us a behind the scenes tour of the theatre. *sweet* It was so awesome! An added bonus was that my friend was able to go with us. I hadn't seen her for about 6 years prior to this, so it was just an additional bonus to an amazing time!

And don't worry, I watched the General Relief Society Broadcast the next morning before I went to church. So I was spiritually fed too. ;)

1 comment:

Marsha said...

So glad you got a fun night out on the town. Those are so needed sometimes. :)