Wow. What a week. I was all excited to go camping with the fam. We left Wednesday afternoon, and then Thursday morning we decided to move the trailer and position better...BAD IDEA!!!! BAD BAD BAD! (Did I mention it was a BAD IDEA?)
So, I was standing behind the trailer guiding Shane when all of a sudden a felt a stinging pain on my hand. I looked down and saw a yellow jacket (wasp, or some other type of stingy bug that causes MUCHO pain!!!) and then felt stinging all along my legs and I high tailed it out of there!
Counting up the stings I counted 7 sting sites. This included my right hand, both feet and ankles and one leg. Thankfully we had sting-eez and benedryl and other meds which worked until this morning when my hand decided it would go psycho and swell even more and continue to swell. I can't even bend it closed. My poor pinkie looks like a little sausage.
So, I went to the doctor. Now I am on stronger meds for the swelling, antibiotics in case one of the swelling sites is infected (which is likely since it is turning a nice bright red) and instructions to ice the swollen sites and take benedryl at night to help the sleeping. Great. I get to ice SEVEN swollen sting sites. Although the ice does help...
Did I mention I HATE wasps?
4 comments:
Wow! That sound horrible. I hope you get feeling better soon! Maybe some Star Wars Trivial Pursuit would cheer you up. :)
Yes, I am SURE Star Wars Trivial Pursuit would help! And visiting with you would be an added bonus. :)
I've never been stung by a wasp... but I've heard it's horrible and your story confirms it. I'm SO SO SORRY!!!
How frustrating to have bugs ruin plans! Hope the swelling goes down soon and you're able to get back to normal life! Eat some chocolate; that makes everything okay!
Post a Comment