Thursday, August 13, 2009

It's BACK

I was thoroughly enjoying the first two weeks of August. They were unusually cool and pleasant. Well...no more. Apparently the hot weather is back. I am not a hot weather fan...but then, I think I've already told everybody that. I always tell Shane, "I'm like a flower...I WILT in the heat..." and if I'm not positive and diligent I get very ornery too. :)

Still, this week has been a good one for me. I don't know what it was, but just looking at a web ad for a diet plan book helped me start thinking more positively. This occurred after I was really bummed on Monday when I got on the scale and saw that I had gained ALL the weight I had lost in less then a month! It really ticked me off!

After reading this book ad though, I thought, hey, if this guy can lose 100+ lbs and keep it off, surely I can think positively and see how much weight I lose! So, we ordered the book from half.com for a ton less then the website and it will be here probably next week.

And, while I'm sure it's just water retention weight that I've been losing, by having a positive self-talk before I go to bed, I have lost 3lb in 3 days! WOOT! And, I haven't done it by starving myself or limiting anything either. So, we'll see...

The main thing I tell myself when I go to sleep is that I am safe. My body is safe. I don't need to hang on to calories and fat because everything is going to be all right and my body wants to be slim! It's been interesting, and the positive thoughts seem to help my main attitude as well.

No comments: