I learned something new today. It's been a LONG time since I have made rice krispie treats. A LONG TIME! Long enough that I could only vaguely remember the ingredients and how to put them together.
Shane was in charge of treats for pack meeting this month for the cub scouts and he decided on rice krispie treats. Easy. No prob...uh...wait...I haven't made those for about 10+ years!
So, I began my rice krispie making quest. You wouldn't think I would have to use almost all of my cooking skills to make this "easy" treat, but I did! I found the "official" recipe online. This was after almost completely flubbing the first batch...
it didn't fill the entire pan, the butter didn't completely melt, but the marshmallows were DONE and let's just say, if you like extra marshmallow with your krispie treat, than that is the batch for you!
Onto the next batch (I had to make four pans full). This time I counted the marshmallows...all forty of them, I mostly melted the butter before I put the marshmallows in, but the krispie to marshmallow ratio was a little dry for my liking. Some people like them this way...but not me. I made a mental note...
Batch three. I used fewer krispies and ended up barely reaching the edges of the pan. These treats are for those who want to feel like they're eating a full piece of krispie treat, but it's a WHOLE lot thinner than the others.
Batch four. I added ten more marshmallows than the previous batches. PERFECTION! Enough mixture for the entire pan, perfect krispie/marshmallow ratio, just perfect. I bet all the other krispie treats are jealous because of this perfect pan. ;)
Then I made another batch since I still needed to fill in about 1/3 of the first pan. Perfection again! I had hit upon the perfect way to make rice krispie treats and it only took 4 tries to do it!
I better write it down before I forget...
Rice Krispies
(for jellyroll pan size)
1/2 cube butter (1/4 cup)
50 marshmallows
8 cups rice krispies
-melt butter in LARGE bowl in microwave
-add marshmallows and microwave until big and fluffy looking
-stir the marshmallows to mostly mix in with butter
-add rice krispies and mix together
-pour onto greased jellyroll pan
-spread out and pack down mixture (a buttered butter knife may be helpful in doing this step)
voila! Perfect Rice Krispie Treats!
No comments:
Post a Comment