Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It's Tuesday?

So, it has just been a busy week. Can I say that when it's only Tuesday? Yesterday was pretty busy for us, so busy that I kept thinking it was Tuesday.

I guess it started Sunday. Sunday, Hazel got up and was complaining about a sore throat. So, Shane stayed home from church to be with her, and Harrison and I went to church by ourselves. I was a little anxious because I had planned on having Shane with me for my primary class. I kept thinking to myself, "It will be okay, there will probably only be four kids there anyway..." well, there were six. So, I just kept praying and hoping that I would survive.

It actually went rather well. I guess there's just a teaching shift in what to expect and how to do things. Slowly but surely, I will get there.

We were hoping to go visit my parents after church, but Hazel was still sick so we decided that probably wouldn't be a good idea. Plus, we didn't know if she had the flu or if it was something else. I thought it might be the flu because my experience started out with a sore throat, but I also had a cough. Hazel just had a sore throat.

So, when Monday started, we knew we needed to take Hazel to the doctor. After making that appointment, Sylvie needed to be taken to her grooming appointment. She is one happy schnauzer now that she doesn't have a thick fur coat on in 90+ degree weather.

Shane stayed home so he could get Sylvie after she was done, and I took Hazel to her doctor appointment. They ended up doing a strep test on her throat and it came back positive. (Which, I felt bad that she had strep, but was actually kind of relieved that she didn't have the other because she doesn't do so well with respiratory type infections...plus she would only be contagious for 24 hours vs 10 days...)

So, off we went to the store and pharmacy to get the things we would need to help take care of her. By the time we got back home it was 12:30. WOW, where did the morning go?!

The afternoon was just as busy, with various other things. As we were driving home that night, Shane asked me if the next day was the movie day, and I told him that the movie day was on Wednesday and it is only Monday. Apparently things were busy enough that he had kept thinking it was Tuesday too!

No comments: