Well, I am still feeling mostly better. Yea! And I am getting my stamina back. Yea!
Yesterday morning I got up bright and early (I've discovered it's my DOG that is waking me up every morning. Apparently running back and forth and shaking the dog tags so they jingle and breathing really loud right by the edge of my bed is a good "I've just woken up the owners" tactic...apparently...)
I was planning on getting up bright and early anyway, because our garden desperately needed to be weeded, and it is actually still alive and growing things...and it's almost the end of JULY! That is a record! So, Shane and I both went out pre-sunrise time (6:30ish) and started weeding.
Well, as we were weeding I came across two snails. EW! I knew from the very informative enrichment night (it really was, I'm not being sarcastic...) that killing the snails as you come across them is essential or they will take over your garden. (One snail can lay 800 eggs. 800 EGGS!) And therein lies my new discovery...
The most disgusting sound on the planet is...the sound of a snail being squished. Even now I get chills and shivers. BLECH!
And then, of course, because you know I had just worked so hard, my body basically let me know that it was DONE! Upon which I went to bed and fell asleep for 3 hours. *sigh* I can't wait until my energy level is back!
No comments:
Post a Comment