Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Only one more day!

So, there is only one more day until school is out for the summer! Yippee!! I think I have learned A LOT since January, and I've come to realize a lot of new things that I guess I hadn't really thought about before.

1. We take public school teachers WAY TOO MUCH for granted. I already knew this, but really, we should give all teachers an award for making it through the school year with their sanity intact.

2. I always knew homeschooling was hard, but it is HARD! Hard for the parent, hard for the kid, hard all around, but...SO WORTH IT if you do it right.

3. I have come to appreciate all the effort that my teachers went to to try and make learning interesting. I never thought about how hard that is until I taught my own child.

4. I feel sorry for year round teachers who don't get a break. I need a break, and I only taught since January! (and only one child, can you imagine teaching 20+ kids every DAY?!)

I wanted to make it 5 things, but that just isn't happening today, so, four it is. Still, I am so GLAD that summer break is here!!! WOOHOO!!!!

1 comment:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Congratulations Teacher! You made it!