
Well, I was going to post it as "Cinco de Mayo" but since we technically celebrated the party on May 8th we all referred to it as our "Ocho de Mayo" party. It was fun and crazy!
The food, of course, was atrociously fattening, but soooo yummy! We tried to make ourselves feel better about the fat we were consuming by eating green salad with it, but it didn't help me.
We ate tamales, taquitos, and sopapillas. They were all super good, and like I said before, not very healthy. I guess it's a good thing we only have this party once a year!




The final activity was the pinata. That was quite the experience! Usually we either buy the pinata already made or we have one that our brother and sister in law make. Well, this year the pinata didn't get made until the week of the party. So...we had to improvise.



Just in case you are wondering...if you make a pinata and cover it with tape to help stabilize it, you end up with mutilated candy by the end. We had candy that broke into pieces that I didn't know could break into pieces...
like airheads...

and tootsie rolls...

anyone want a tootsie pop? (that was what the sucker looked like when it came out of the pinata...)
3 comments:
Looks like you had a fun "Ocho de Mayo"! I would love to learn to make those...
WOW! What a fun party! The food looks delish, and the pinata looked like a blast! The last time I made a homemade pinata was in Mr. Winklers 8th grade Spanish class, for a contest. Did you home-make all that food?! Seriously, I'm just impressed!
I can't take credit for the food. My sister in law made the tamales, and cooked the taquitos and sopapillas, but aside from the tamales, everything was super easy...fried in fat!
Post a Comment