Well, after 7 years I finally cleaned out my clothing storage. That's a really cryptic way of saying I got rid of all the baby clothes that I have been hanging on to since Harrison and Hazel were born. Going through Hazel's clothes I did keep a few dresses, because I just have a thing for cute little girl dresses, but other than that, ALL THE CLOTHES ARE GONE!
A year or so ago I got rid of quite a bit of Hazel's baby clothes, but now, gone. I don't know if anyone but myself fully realizes how hard that actually was. Well, it wasn't REALLY all that hard, but I guess it's just one more step in the acceptance process.
Hazel's clothes were new enough that I gave them all to my sister who has daughters who can use them. She asked me why I was getting rid of them, and I just told her that I would rather that someone get good use out of them, versus having them sit in my basement doing nothing more then go yellow.
Plus, I have a feeling that if I ever do get pregnant again, that baby will need NEW clothes!
It was a huge emotional release to get rid of them. Shane told me that now that all the clothes were gone, maybe I would get pregnant quicker. HA HA! Of course, we also joke about how we will probably be the family that has two teenage kids and then 3 or 4 little kids. I can't say I'm laughing too hard about that one, because I never envisioned myself having babies after I turn 40, but...well...we'll take what we get. (I know, I have 10 years until I'm 40, but really...)
2 comments:
It is hard for many to go through and get rid of their baby's clothes. It's difficult to say goodbye to memories and wishes! But it's a wonderful and light feeling to have the space. It's quite the accomplishment! Way to go Melissa, I'm proud of you!
wow! what a big step!! i am glad you were able to do it if it felt right to you.
Post a Comment