So, a week and a half ago I got a phone call. The ward secretary called and asked me if Shane and I could go meet with the bishop. I knew once he arranged that meeting that I was going to get a new calling.
The meeting wasn't until that Sunday so I had three days to wonder what they would want me to do. Would I be called to scouts? (PLEASE PLEASE NO!) Would I be the new Young Women Secretary? (That would be good...) Would I get a calling in Relief Society? (Also acceptable...) These were the ideas going through my head.
Of course it usually spun from scouts to YW secretary. I think you can figure out which one I preferred.
So, Sunday morning rolled around, Shane and I headed in, and then we waited.
They asked me to be the 10-11 year old Primary Teacher. I was so relieved that it wasn't scouts! (Don't get the wrong idea, I think scouts is a great program, but...I really don't want to be a scout leader...)
I felt really at peace about it. They set me apart for that calling, and I still felt at peace. If anything, I felt even more at peace. I really felt like this is what was needed at this time. So, I diligently prepared my lessons All the while missing Young Women's. Not going to mutual on Tuesday night was definitely a change. I had an orchestra rehearsal that filled in the time, and that was nice.
Then yesterday, I had everything ready, and we went to church. I went to the church library and got what I needed for the lesson and the YW President was in there and told me that she hoped I knew that I would be missed. I smiled and told her I would miss them too (BECAUSE I DO/DID). Then I went and got my classroom ready, and headed into Primary......
Where I promptly felt a wave of emotion and started crying. I'm sure the Primary Presidency felt kind of bad, I mean, there was their new Primary teacher crying on the back row because she's not in Young Women's anymore. Yeah...good times.
Once I got to the classroom though and taught the lesson, things were just fine. So, I'm sure things will start to get better...and hopefully I won't cry in opening exercises next Sunday. ;)
2 comments:
Don't worry too much about it. You should have seen me when (only months after my miscarriage) they put me in the nursery!! I was a wreck for a couple months, but finally got a handle on it. They should know better than to put the only woman in the ward who can't have babies in the nursery!!! But, I'm the choir director and Gospel Doctrine teacher now, so it's okay.
I teach Relief Society now but Primary was my FAVORITE. I know you'll love it!!
Post a Comment