Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's what "FUN" is...



Yesterday we went to Lagoon. K12 was having a Lagoon day and our tickets were discounted cheaper than we would have been able to get them anywhere else so we decided we'd better go.

It was a lot of fun! I think this is the first year we have taken our kids where they have gotten along, enjoyed the rides, and actually wanted to stay longer than 3 PM. We ended up staying until 9:00 PM! There weren't lots of people there so the ride length was wonderfully short. We all LOVED that. The weather was absolutely perfect too. It has been raining like crazy the past month, and yesterday was blue skies, perfect ride temperature, and just awesome.

Harrison was at that "golden" phase where he could ride almost all the kiddie rides and all the adult rides too. Which was interesting in and of itself. Harrison seems to take after me in the ride department...although he is farther along than I was at his age.

When I was eight, I don't think you could have PAID me enough to go on a roller coaster, or pretty much any of the more intense rides. Scary! Harrison's hesitancy to riding the more intense rides is sporadic. For example, he thought the Colossus was COOL! Liked the Spider, Turn of the Century (swings), THE WILD MOUSE (which, honestly, still scares me...), and yet absolutely refused to ride Cliff Hanger, Wicked, the white roller coaster, and Jet Star II. (For those unfamiliar with Lagoon, I apologize, but I don't have time to explain all the rides...)

I did consent to go on the Wild Mouse with Harrison. I hate the Wild Mouse. Nothing freaks me out more than feeling like I'm going to go careening off the top of a very high anything, and the Wild Mouse combines all of that...which is why I closed my eyes for about half the ride... :)


Hazel, on the other hand...my little 40" pixie girl, wanted to go on EVERYTHING and was quite upset when we kept telling her she wasn't tall enough to go on the adult rides. She was ecstatic when we found out she was tall enough to ride Tidal Wave, or as she called it "The Pirate Ship." I can tell that when she is tall enough, she will be going on ALL the rides she can.

Here's a back view of Hazel's "Pirate Ship."


It was kind of a funny twist when we had to tell Harrison he was TOO TALL to go on a ride. Of course, being too tall for two rides in the whole park was not that big of a deal.

Hazel in the baby boats. She was excited to get in the "pink" boat.


The other ride Harrison was too tall for. Here is how short the line was for this ride...Hazel was the ONLY rider!!!


It was also kind of funny when our kids kept insisting that they wanted to go on Rattlesnake Rapids, which is a get wet water ride, and then when we did they totally freaked out when they got wet. They got over it. ;)

One thing I thought was interesting...and I can only think it is because I have been getting my feet zoned by my sis-in-law, is I was able to ride any ride I wanted to! I haven't been able to do that since I was a teenager! Even the rides that go in a circle...which is a lot of the rides! So, that was definitely a fun added bonus.

The Merry Go Round


The Train



A kiddie space ride the kids liked because the guns made noise...


Hazel "driving" a car. :)

2 comments:

Miss Heather said...

It looks like you guys had an awesome time! I'm so glad! And way to go with the roller-coasters! Although I think it's funny Harrison liked the Colassus but wouldn't go on the white one, which is way less scary!! :)

Unknown said...

I am not a big fan of Lagoon, but it is a lot more fun when you can go and have perfect weather and there aren't a lot of people there.