Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hmmm...

So, today was the second lesson teaching 10-11 year old primary. It was...interesting. I enjoy preparing the lessons because they are interesting to prepare, and the information is all on church history/doctrine and covenants this year. I like that.

I definitely don't get as stressed teaching 10-11 year olds as I did teaching 5 year olds, 4 year olds, 3 year olds, and nursery aged children. (Yep, I have definitely taught the younger set of children in Primary before...)

There is still the dealing with amazing amounts of energy. At this age the girls behave better than the boys, and the boys are seriously goofy. It really makes me appreciate the people who served and taught my Sunday school classes.

It is frustrating in a way though...my heart is still in Young Women's. It just is. I try to be excited to be in Primary. I know/realize it is such an important and vital time to teach and give kids a basis for their testimonies...still, I can't help but feel like my talent lies with teenagers. I get along with teens really well.

And so, even though I know I should be in Primary right now, for whatever reason, it is a struggle to fully cross over the line and be content with where I am right now. I will keep plugging away, however, and hopefully the sadness will begin to go away.

No comments: