Saturday, May 23, 2009

Trees



I love trees. Big, full-grown trees. One of the things I absolutely fell in love with when we first looked at our house, were the two humongous sycamore trees in the front yard. Sitting in the shade of a big tree just makes me feel happy and content. I must admit that the rows of trees lining main street is one of the things I have always loved about where we live. It's just beautiful!

When I go camping, there has to be trees! I don't like camping in the desert. Yucky! I used to go camping every year or so up to Stanley Lake in Idaho. It was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been...well, it was, until all the trees got infested with pine beetles and the trees died. I have a feeling if I went up there now, I would just cry. The scenery is so different. It doesn't even look like the same place!



Of course, I do have a tender spot for most trees, especially if they are huge. It made me very sad when they tore out a huge row of blue spruce trees at USU, but of course, USU being more environmentally minded, made sure the trees had new homes and didn't just die. That made me feel a little better, but it still made the campus right there look so different. (No I'm not a tree hugger, I just like trees!)

It kind of made me upset when a house down the street tore out their sycamore tree. It was a healthy sycamore tree, and probably at least 80+ years old. They just chopped it down! Grrrr.

1 comment:

darcymae said...

there were two big, old trees (our house is 85+ years old so i assume the trees were about the same) in our front yard but the previous owners cut them down THE VERY SUMMER they put the house for sale. they must not have realized that they are the only people on earth who dont LOVE trees! i could kill them for it!