One of the things that has always made me happy is music. If I'm having a rough day, or I need to calm down, music can help do that. If I'm struggling spiritually, music can soothe my soul. If I'm frustrated I can take it out on the piano. You can pretty much tell how I am feeling by how I play the music. If I'm REALLY upset, it isn't going to sound all that pretty. At least, it doesn't to me.
When I was in high school I enjoyed music so much, I didn't have to worry about what electives to take, it was already decided for me...all music! I think I was one of few who were in every music area of the school (Band, Choir, and Orchestra) and I LOVED it!
I always loved playing or singing harmony because I could hear how the chord was supposed to sound. If I heard a song and it had an amazing harmony line, in tune, it literally gave me goosebumps. It took me a while to realize that that in and of itself is a talent. I would try to explain it to Shane (who is also musically inclined) and he would look at me. He finally told me that I might be able to hear it, but that wasn't something everybody could hear.
Books are... well...I guess I'll but it in "Monk's" terms: "a blessing, and a curse..." I love to read. If I were allowed to just read read read, I would love to do it. That's where the curse part comes in... I can't just read all day or nothing gets done! Sometimes it is very difficult to pull myself away from a good book. Just last night for example, I went to sleep later than I should have (and by late, I mean LATE) and it was a book I've already read before! So, I have to set parameters. I have to use reading as a reward at times to get myself to do the things I don't really want to do...like the dishes...
1 comment:
I know what you're talking about with the "harmony" thing.
SO fun to read about your happy things!
Post a Comment