Sunday, March 29, 2009

Phantom




Yesterday afternoon was the time that I got to see "Phantom" at the Hale Centre Theatre. Shane was unable to go because Harrison had a pinewood derby at the same time.

This picture is actually of the two actors who played the Phantom and Christine in the the performance that I saw.

It was a very interesting play. I wondered initially if I would like it, because I have heard the music to Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera so many times, and I knew that this was a different play, different music.

Still, my friend assured me that this play was phenomenal and while a little bit different in the storyline, just as good as the other play, so I was looking forward to seeing it.

I was not disappointed! The acting was amazing, the singing...WOW, and while I think I am still partial to the music in the broadway musical, I enjoyed the music in the play. I like this storyline better.

Here are the differences...that I could tell. In this play you are told the history of the Phantom. It endears you to the character. The love he feels for Christine is more tender, and there is more of a relationship between the two.

That of course is the condensed nutshell version. If you get the chance, definitely go see the play! I was very impressed.

2 comments:

Marsha said...

I love anything Phantom, usually, so I would be really interested to see this. The only problem I can see is that it looks like they might only have tickets available for Monday and Thursday performances... not sure if we can swing going to SLC on a work night... humm... Anyway, if we do go, do you have any particular seating you would recommend? We have never been to Hale Centre Theatre.

Debra said...

I am so jealous! I would love to see it!