Monday, February 2, 2009

Valentine's


So, even though Valentine's Day has basically been commercialized like every other holiday in our country, it is still fun to think about all the things that I like. So, here is my own personal version, of getting to know you, Valentine's style.

1. Favorite Valentine color (red, pink, white)? I think I would have to say that I like all three. I can't pick one over the other.

2. Favorite Valentine candy? I LOVE Sweet's chocolate covered marshmallow hearts. Although, Shane informed me that they are too expensive (which I'd have to agree with) and that if I'm really wanting that he'll buy me dipping chocolate and marshmallows...I'm sorry, but it's just NOT the same!...well, maybe if they were heart shaped marshmallows... ;)

3. Favorite Valentine's gift? The year Shane gave me tickets to see Prokofiev's "Romeo and Juliet" ballet and he went with me!

4. Favorite "chick flick" movie? So, I'd have to say Anne of Avonlea, and Sense and Sensibility are my top two favorites...although they are definitely not the only ones that I like.

5. Most romantic thing anyone has ever done for you? Okay, so seriously, why did I include this question? I think "romantic things" are highly overrated. I am much more impressed and feel loved if my hubby does things for me around the house, like the dishes, laundry, etc... than if he were to always buy me flowers or something like that.

6. Most annoying Valentine's memory? When I was in college this guy that I barely knew gave me a stuffed animal (huge stuffed animal) and it had a heart and a rose and all of that, and it was just because he thought I was "nice." Can we say "mixed message?" Yeah, he was totally clueless. I ended up giving the stuffed animal to my friend and they gave it to their niece. :)

7. Favorite love song? Okay, I like lots of songs, but the first one that popped into my head was "I Only Have Eyes For You" by the Flamingos.

8. Favorite romantic getaway? Yeah, like I've been on lots of those! So, I guess that would be Providence, Utah where our favorite bed and breakfast resides...

9. Candy or flowers? Candy. Which I guess is why my husband always buys it for me when he thinks about me. Flowers would certainly be fewer calories though! :)

10. Favorite restaurant? Aristo's. Seriously, if you are in Salt Lake City, GO TO THIS RESTAURANT! Well, I guess liking Greek food would kind of be a priority, since that is all they serve. I LOVE their food. I guess you have all figured that out since I've written about Aristo's at least two other times on my blog. So super yummy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun questions. I learn something new about you each time.