So, today was an interesting day.
Yesterday a sign up sheet was passed around to help bring food for a funeral lunch. I looked at the list, hoping that I would be able to take something. Funeral potatoes (or as I like to call them "Yummy potatoes" because they're, well, YUMMY! and I think it's cruel to associate them with just funerals when they are the ultimate in comfort food)...well, that's not gonna happen. Here Harrison, you read your lesson to yourself, while I make this potato casserole. Although, now I have been "educated" and I know how to make this casserole in relatively speedy time. Maybe I'll put the recipe on here sometime. Maybe.
Anyway, glancing down the rest of the list I saw, salad, 2 1lb bags, Cake, etc... I stopped looking after I saw salad, because, talk about easy! So, I signed up for that and patted myself on the back that I had done a good thing.
Well, today, my dear sweet hubby went to the store and got the salad. I somehow convinced him to teach the science lesson to Harrison today while I took the salad to the church. After I got back from dropping off the salad and going to the store, I came back, and Shane looked at me, and told me how wonderful he thought I was, because I was able to teach Harrison EVERY day without going insane.
Not that he thought it was easy. He's my soundboard, so he gets to hear me whine and complain about how frustrating it is when Harrison is having a difficult day and doesn't want to cooperate in the learning process. Still...it is nice when you know that now they DEFINITELY can relate, and you are just appreciated all the more. Makes me feel good. (Being appreciated, that is, not that he had to go through what I did...):)
1 comment:
I'm glad he appreciates all you do because you've sure been doing a LOT!! :)
Post a Comment