Sunday, January 11, 2009

Twilight revisited...

Okay, so the first time that I saw Twilight and wrote about it on here I was rather...harsh in my judging of it. After I wrote about it, I thought about why I didn't like the movie, and I realized that my dear hubby had been sitting next to me the whole time laughing hysterically and making comments that could certainly land him a gig on Mystery Science Theatre 2000...or is it 3000 now? Anyway, I decided to give it another chance.

Initially I decided that in order to do that I would need to see it again with a friend, since females don't typically make fun of chick flick movies unless they are at a party. Well, that never panned out, so I went to plan B.

On Friday night Shane and I went on a date and went and saw Twilight again. Shane was under strict instructions that under no circumstances could he make ANY comments about the clothes, dialogue, facial expressions, etc...NOTHING. At first he asked me what he was supposed to do if he thought of something funny to say, and I told him he could eat a piece of his licorice rope. So, periodically throughout the movie I would glance over at him and he would literally have his fist stuffed in his mouth to keep him from laughing hysterically. :)

Well, I was much more enthused the second time I saw the movie. I thought the dialogue fit for what teens would say...for the most part. I felt more of the on-screen chemistry between Bella and Edward. They didn't seem so mean to each other. Edward wasn't a jerk. He seemed much more caring albeit standoffish the second time around.

I definitely liked it better the second time I saw it, and I will probably continue to like it better and better the more times I watch the movie. (No, that doesn't mean that I am going to go and see it in the theatre again, but it does mean there is a possibility of buying/renting it.)

2 comments:

Miss Heather said...

That's exactly how I felt. :)

Marsha said...

Yup, it's MST3K so it's 3000.