So, it's kind of weird for me right now. I guess things always are when you go through a personality change...or something like that.
Let me explain. For the most part when I was growing up, I was a pessimist. The glass was always half empty, and my life seemed that way too. I almost always focused on the negative. There was no bright side.
Well, after being married to a fairly optimistic person for the past 9 and a half years, his optimism is finally rubbing off on me. I find my mind forcing me to look at the bright side of things. I guess I hadn't really thought about it until the most recent house fiasco that happened...as in, the water leak. Normally I would be sad and all depressed. This time however, I just automatically started to look at the bright side, and try to find a solution.
What has happened?!
Not that I mind. It's really bizarre though because I feel like I am fighting an inner mind battle. (See, I just admitted that I'm crazy!). Seriously though. I mean, I can see the positive side and then that negative pessimistic side just starts to creep in around the edges...almost like a taunt...come back, it's what you're used to, it's who you are! Almost like a battle between good and evil. Maybe if I looked at my shoulders I would see two little cartoon figures whispering in my ears. :)
2 comments:
I can relate! Thanks for visiting me. I like your background, and your thoughts! Keep going!
way to be optomistic...it's a challenge for me still sometimes and I really should complain about life...or feel like I should.
Post a Comment