25 Random things, because I saw the list on my friend's blog, and I like to copy her a lot. ;) Just kidding. Really, I just feel like writing and can't think of anything fantastic so this will have to do.
1. Our house is cute until you look under the floorboards.
2. I love burnt almond fudge ice cream. Even when we go to get ice cream cones I want to get it and have to force myself to get a different flavor. (I have a thing about buying food that I can get cheaper at the grocery store...yes it PAINED me when we took our kids to a nice restaurant and Hazel ordered noodles. Yeah. NOODLES. With nothing on them...at least the restaurant charged us less because there was no sauce.)
3. I despise the end of winter. The beginning of winter is kind of nice, especially when you have the first snow storm and it's all quiet. By the end, it's just cold, and all the snow is gray and gross and the air gets icky and there's all these articles about how the air is so bad it's going to kill you type thing.
4. I love the end of winter because that means my favorite season (Spring!) is coming and wow, spring is just awesome!
5. I like to cook and bake things, but I hate cleaning up.
6. I worked on crocheting an afghan for about five years and then unraveled it because I wanted to work on something else. (It wasn't even half-way done! If it was I probably would have kept working on it).
7. When my mind is on edge I can only listen to classical type music. Any other music just makes me even more edgy. Even music that I normally like.
8. I try to pretend that I'm a super optimistic person in hopes that one day it will rub off on me. (It has worked a little bit...I'm less pessimistic than I was when I was younger...)
9. Sometimes I let my female paranoia get the better of me...and then I tell myself to not worry about it...and really, does it matter?
10. I used to be an early-morning person. It didn't even matter whether I had the alarm clock on or not, I would be up by 7 AM or earlier. Now...well..let's not go there shall we?
11. I've discovered that I really can choose to not get angry or annoyed when my kids are acting crazy.
12. I love all shades of blue and most shades of green. They just make me feel peaceful.
13. We have so many books that we could fill two more LARGE bookcases and still not be able to put them on the shelves the "correct" way.
14. I very strongly dislike old water pipes...really bad.
15. I read more youth fiction than adult fiction...usually.
16. I started a writing course two years ago, only have one assignment left, and I still haven't finished the course. (This particular assignment has been due for about a year, I just keep pushing the due date back...)
17. I really dislike it when people tell me that they "only shop at Wal-Mart." Yeah, I purchase a few things there, I'm not anti-Wal-Mart or anything, but I wish people would realize that you can get good prices at other stores too. If no one shops at the other stores, and there's only a Wal-mart left, do you really think they are going to keep their prices so low?
18. I lost all the weight I gained during the holidays. (Yay for me!)
19. When I start to feel down about things, my husband is really good at telling me how wonderful I am and that I make good decisions. :)
20. I still have a t-shirt that I got in high school for making the honor role that I wear to bed sometimes. (Hey, Shane still has two or more!)
21. If I was on "What not to wear" they would probably throw away all my clothes.
22. I tend to play the piano more when I am feeling angry or distressed.
23. I have a stupid pet society pet on facebook and play it every day even though I wonder every day why I'm playing it. (yes, this is usually at night when I should be in bed...)
24. I used to think hedges were pretty...until I bought a house with one. What a pain!
25. Tulips just make me smile.
Wow, I can think of twenty-five things to write, and you are all probably bored out of your minds if you made it this far! Still, it was quite fun! Woohoo!!
1 comment:
Nice! I love to read fun facts about you!
Post a Comment