This was sort of a blast from the past that my good friend Marsha wrote on her blog. I thought it was fun so here's mine. :)
Fill this out about your SENIOR year of high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be!!
1) Did you marry someone from your high school? YES. Who knew I would end up marrying the drum major from the marching band?
2) Did you carpool? no, I rode the bus if I didn't have to work after school.
3) What kind of car did you have? A big mini-RAM. Kind of a precursor to a mini-van but a whole lot bigger.
4) What kind of car do you have now? We have two vehicles. A GMC Yukon and a Saturn.
5) It's Friday night...where are you? Senior year...playing the clarinet with the pep band at a basketball game, or at my friend, Heather's house.
6) It's Saturday Night ...I pretty much lived at my friend Heather's house, so I can pretty much guarantee I was there watching movies with her and her brother, sister, and mom. Super fun!
7) What kind of job did you have in high school? My Senior year I worked for a dentist. It was the best job ever! I loved it, and was sad when I had to quit to go to Southern Utah for college.
8) What do you do now? Stay at home mom, community symphony, teach piano/cello lessons, and all kinds of family history work.
9) Were you a party animal? No, I was a geek.
10) Were you considered a flirt? Umm... no, I was a geek.
11) Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? All three. It was one of the best things about my senior year.
12) Can you sing the fight song? Sure I can...only because it's almost identical to Notre Dame's fight song (which I only learned after watching Rudy...)
13) Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)? Miss Larsen (now Mrs. Hawkes) and Herr Hawkes (no, they didn't marry each other! They are in-laws though.)
14) Where did you sit during lunch? In the cafeteria. I was a geek remember?
15) What was your school's full name? Bear River High School (not the one in California).
16) When did you graduate? 1997
17) What was your school mascot? Bears
18) If you could go back and do it again, would you? Uh...no. Senior year was the best out of all four years that I had at high school and no way would I redo them...well, only if I could be more outgoing and friendly to everybody.
19) What do you remember most about graduation? Being in the top 10% academically and not realizing it until I saw the graduation program, and being so glad when the graduation ceremony was FINALLY over!
20) Who did you go with to senior prom? Our school didn't do senior prom. We did, however, have a senior hop, and my friend Scott asked me. (which totally floored me. I was in shock, and he thought I didn't want to go because I just stood there and had no idea what to say.)
21) Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with? Yes. and Yes, I still talk to the person I went to the senior hop with too...although, these days I talk to his wife more...hi Marsha. :)
22) Are you planning on going to your 50 year reunion? Hmm...maybe. Not all that fond of reunions to be right honest with you.
23) Do you still see people from school? Occasionally. The internet (facebook) has been great for finding out what people are up to these days.
No comments:
Post a Comment