So, last week was...wow, a very tiring week, literally. I don't think I have been that sick for that many days for a very very long time.
Hazel started us off a week ago Sunday with a nasty cough. I stayed home with her while the menfolk of our family went to church.
Monday Hazel and Harrison stayed home from school because Hazel was still coughing, and Harrison was complaining about a sore throat. That evening Hazel had just eaten dinner when she started screaming. Usually this means Harrison is being the typical brother and teasing her. So, I went to find out what was going on and found her covering her ears and crying. It was too late to take her to a doctor, other than the ER, so Shane and a neighbor gave her a blessing.
Tuesday evening I could tell that it was starting on me. GREAT... and then proceeded to get worse, and worse, and then on Thursday Shane got it, and Friday Harrison complained about his ears hurting.
So, Saturday morning we went to the doctor. He checked all of us, and then said he was writing prescriptions for Shane and Harrison. I about wigged out. I KNEW that I needed a prescription. (I have had MANY sinus infections over the years k, you KNOW when you need something for it). So, he wrote one for me too. I am SO glad I pleaded my case, because now I am actually feeling somewhat human and my throat is not horribly sore, and I can function. Plus, bizarre as it may sound, I could tell that the antibiotics were/are working.
Yay!
I am still not back to 100%, but I feel soooo much better than I did, and I am so glad that everyone in my family is feeling better too!
So, that has been our week of yuckiness. Hopefully we are done for the season!!
3 comments:
Yikes! What a nightmare, for all of you to be sick at the same time. Wow!
I sure hope you guys get better for the holidays! It's no fun to be sick...and at the same time. Lot's of luck!
Glad everyone can start feeling better now!
Post a Comment