Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

What a fun, wild, crazy, awesome holiday week we just had!
This year we spent Thanksgiving with Shane's side of the family and we had a really great time.

We headed up on Wednesday and Shane dropped me off at my mom's house so I could make a homemade banana cream pie. Super yummy! Before I did that though I was able to eat a nice dinner with my mom, dad, brother, and his wife. Then came the pie making time. It was a lot of fun.

Then Shane came back and picked me up and we spent the night at Shane's parents' house. Normally this would have been fairly chaotic, but it wasn't so much this year because half of Shane's sibs decided to spend time with "the other side."

In all actuality, for Thanksgiving dinner there was only Shane's parents, our family, Shane's sister's family, and her friend(and family) came as well.
So, it definitely was mild and tame. ;)

We had to give a slightly hard time to her friend when she informed us that her yams were usually from a can and had marshmallows on top (two cardinal sins in our family).
All in all a good time.

That afternoon Shane's sister asked me if I was going to the day after Thanksgiving door busters...I had to rib her a little about that...I mean, honestly, can you see ME going to a door buster sale at 4 AM? Yah RIIIGHT! I don't think that will ever happen. In fact, unless I experience brain damage, I can pretty much guarantee that it will NEVER happen. Just reading the news pretty much clinched that.

Still, I did get to go shopping later in the day (10 AM) with my m-i-l, and two s-i-l, and we had a really fun time. I was able to get a lot of my Christmas shopping done, and got some really good deals in the process.

We spent the night again, and the next morning went to the baptism of our friend's little boy. They also blessed their baby, which we weren't expecting, but it was a nice surprise. Their family lives all over and far away, so I wasn't super surprised that they did it that way. It was very nice.

That evening we took Shane's dad out for dinner for his birthday and Shane's younger brother went with us as well. I think his dad enjoyed it, and the food was good.

So, definitely a super fun holiday. I left out the playing games, watching movies, tired children from no sleep, and all the delicious yummy food that went along with it!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving too.

No comments: