Well, I decided to make my own "Thanksgiving getting to know you." I decided to do this after I received a Christmas getting to know you in my e-mail. Now, don't get me wrong, I enjoy Christmas. It's nice giving, getting, spending time with family, and all that fun stuff, but it is still NOVEMBER! I am a firm believer in celebrating holidays as they come. I know that the stores like to think that I enjoy looking at Christmas decor in September and October, but I really don't.
Christmas happens in winter. Brrr. September October and November are FALL. I like to focus on autumn things in these months.
So anyway, here is is. If you want to do it, more power to you. Have fun!
1. White meat or dark meat? I like both, but dark meat does have a richer flavor. The white meat tends to dry out more.
2. Gravy or Cranberry sauce? Gravy baby! I like it on the turkey, potatoes, and stuffing. Mmmm.... Cranberry sauce was only eaten on the side at my house....and it usually came in the jellied form, and then in slices. Good separate, but on turkey...ah, I'll pass.
3. Favorite pie? I like almost all pies (minus pumpkin, blech), but my absolute favorite would have to be...okay I'll narrow it down to the top four: cherry, homemade banana cream, chocolate, and coconut cream...whoops, I totally forgot my yearly slice of pomegranate pie that my s-i-l makes. Sooooo yummy!
4. Favorite side? Stuffing. And not stovetop either, although it's all right the rest of the year. No, pepperidge farm stuffing with sauteed onions, mushrooms, slivers of carrot and celery. Yeah, my mouth is watering just thinking about it!
5. Football game or nap after? NAP. I have never been a football fan, and in the house I grew up in, that is a very difficult thing to acheive.
6. Favorite appetizer? I am quite partial to celery sticks with cheese spread on them. Kraft makes the yummiest filling too...old english...mmmmm
7. Favorite thing about Thanksgiving? Spending time with our family and just enjoying each others company.
8. Favorite Thanksgiving beverage? Water. I have to cut calories somewhere...
9. Yams? I like yams, especially candied yams (none of that marshmallow crap...blech), and a sweet potatoe souffle that my mom discovered a few years ago...wow, it just tastes like a mouthful of deliciousness. Even people who don't like yams like it when I make this sweet potatoe souffle.
10. What are you most grateful for this year? That my husband has a job, and that we are able to meet our needs. (I hope I'll be able to say that next year too!)
11. Where do you go for Thanksgiving? We try to alternate bewteen families. This year it is Shane's family's turn. A whole lot o craziness goin on! But it is always fun too. :)
Well, I hope you all have a fun, enjoyable, and happy Thanksgiving a week from today!
2 comments:
What a great idea! Have a happy Thanksgiving with your family!
That's fun! I hope to do good with my "healthy lifestyle change" during this holiday season. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment