Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Book Worm

So, today is one of those super rainy cold days that makes me just feel like reading. Most people that know me, know that I LOVE to read books. It has to be one of my favorite pasttimes. There are times when I use reading to motivate me to do other stuff...as in, if I do this, then I get to read for an hour.


Well, I guess you could say I'm in a bit of a reading slump these days. I even went and returned library books today and checked out some more, but, I can't say I am chomping at the bit to read any of them really.

I even started reading the biography of John Nash, thinking it would be good and somewhat like the movie....Negative on both. I guess for a biography it is written well. I can't say that I've ever really been a biography fan though. Anyway, lets just say the writers for the movie had to be VERY creative. I'm not saying that he didn't have a difficult life, or that dealing with his illness was hard or confusing, but they put a lot in the movie and actually made a story out of it, whereas, the biography is factual and yeah...okay. I learned a lot about John Nash that really, I could have lived my whole life without knowing and been perfectly satisfied.

So, know of any good books?

The book I am going to start reading is called: Counting Stars.


If it's any good, I will let you know!

2 comments:

Marsha said...

One of my favorite books is "Phantom" by Susan Kay. It's about the Phantom of the Opera story. I love it!

Miss Heather said...

You should read anything by Jodi Picoult, Kate Atkinson or Harlan Coben. They are my three favorite authors.