Monday, November 17, 2008

Always a good time.


So, one of the things that I love about being a Beehive advisor in the Young Women organization in our ward is that I get to go with the Young Women to the temple when they do baptisms. It is so amazing. It always reminds me of when I was their age, and especially with the Beehives it helps me remember the first time I went. I will never forget it.

Then, what our ward does afterward is go get ice cream at the Farr ice cream shop since it is less than a block away from us when we go. It helps me get out of my "ice cream box" since my all-time favorite ice cream flavor is burnt almond fudge, but since you can get that pretty much at any store, I try to live a little and get flavors that I normally don't buy.

Since it is close to Thanksgiving, they had pumpkin flavored ice cream. So, I tasted it and decided that would be the flavor for me! It was great. I've decided that the reason I HATE (yes, HATE!) pumpkin pie is the texture. I LOVE the flavor. So, it was super yummy. The other flavor I have really started to like is Almond divinity. Mmmmm.

3 comments:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Does your ward go to the River Jordan temple for baptisms? What an absolutely beautiful temple. I've never been inside, but the stained glass is gorgeous.
Oh, and Salmon is pronounced just like the fish: "Sam-un"! (But telemarketers and foreigners always try to say "Sal-mun"!)

Melissa said...

We actually go to Ogden. I guess the pic does kind of look like the Jordan River temple in the dark though... :)

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Duh, Kala. I can totally tell now. Sorry about that!!!