Monday, May 12, 2008

Where were you?

I was listening to one of the songs on my blog music player, "The Dance" by Garth Brooks (which is one of his all time favorite songs too btw) anyway, I was remembering the music video to the song, which makes me older, but anyhoo, in the video it depicts when the Challenger space shuttle blew up. Sad, but got me thinking about the other things that have happened, some not in my lifetime, and where was I when they occurred?

September 11...I was home taking care of Harrison. My dad called and told me to turn on the TV and watch the news. Shane was on his way to class and saw crowds of students hovering around the student center TV's. I remember how after, it was next to impossible to find an American flag for sale in a store at a reasonable price because everyone had to have one hanging from their house...and then, now, how quickly people forget.

No comments: