It's been an interesting winter.
For the majority (except for maybe this week...) it has been warm. Minimal snow, just kinda meh.
Starting in December I was trying to get over an awful neverending sinus infection. Meaning that my supplements just weren't cutting it and I needed some antibiotic help to kick it in the pants.
Well, when I went to the doctor he had me fill out a mental health evaluation survey, which I guess they have most people do, and I was quite honest on it. Let's just say that I passed with flying colors, and that is NOT what you want! Lol.
The doctor came in and said, "I know you're not here to see me about this...but your score is rather high."
Me: "I know."
D: "Do you want to do anything about it?"
Me: "Sure. Why not? I'm tired of fighting it."
That right there, in a nutshell, pretty much explains it! I was so TIRED of fighting it! Plus it was probably made worse by SADD.
So, I started Prozac. It helped a little. Then I got my feet zoned, and started a whole ton of supplements, which helped a lot. So, I now take a prozac pill and a ton of supplements every day, but I'll take it, because I don't feel like I'm mopey and sad all the time and I can actually accomplish things during the day.
I'm sure it's not a 100% fix all. It never seems to work that way, but it sure is helping me right now. I count that as a wonderful blessed thing.
I'm also losing weight, which is an added bonus, because I've got a lot to lose. Okay, not a lot a lot, but definitely a good chunk.
It's also made it so I really think about whether I'm even hungry. If I eat something, I think, am I content? If the answer is yes, I stop eating...most of the time. Lol. It's been pretty eye opening to realize that while some of my weight gain may have been to overeating and not eating as healthy as I should, an even larger chunk was because my thyroid wasn't working the way it should, and supplements are helping with that. :)
Things are pretty good right now. I'm grateful for a lot of things and very happy that I can notice those things.
1 comment:
I do a bunch of supplements, and once I got the right balance I felt great. It doesn't solve all my problems, just makes them feel solvable.
Post a Comment