The other day, one of my friends on facebook posted a picture. It was a beautiful charm bracelet, with crystals, beads, silver, and of course charms. If you looked closer though, the charms all had words on them...words like, blah, screw it, nope, duh, leave.
Then the comments were even more interesting. People wholeheartedly wanting this bracelet, because "sometimes you just can't say it out loud."
What I wanted to write I didn't, for a few reasons. 1. It wasn't my post. 2. My opinion differed vastly from the opinions posted. 3. I knew in a sense, that writing my opinion at that time and location, wouldn't achieve much more than hard feelings, and people assuming I was judging them and thinking all other myriads of things. As I like to say, I wasn't judging the people, I was judging the situation.
Do I think all these people are bad horrible people for wanting this bracelet? Of course not. I can totally see why they would think this bracelet would be interesting to have. BUT.
Words are huge with me. Words have power. Words have more power than I think a lot of people give them credit for.
Having negative words like this, next to me, all day? No thanks.
Now.
Give me a bracelet that was just as pretty, and had words like, gratitude, beautiful, unique, celestial, loved, worthy, etc... I would be all over that. Just reading those words, gives me a warm feeling in my heart.
I see t-shirts all the time with negative words and sayings on them. I often wonder, if people notice when they wear those shirts, that they feel just a little bit more ornery, a little bit more frustrated with everything, and a little more dark.
Sometimes when I tell people about words and their power, they laugh at me. That's okay. They can laugh. I have done my own experiments, on myself. There's a reason, that if you think thankful thoughts every day you tend to be more positive, and if you think negative, then you feel kinda dark. At least I do.
I tend to naturally be a pessimistic person, but when I force myself to think positive, and look at the good in life, my pessimism lessens. I really do begin to see the joy in life more, I begin to notice the beauty and love, and my thoughts and patterns begin to change.
No comments:
Post a Comment