So, I know in reference to the south, like anywhere that is close to the equater, or the states that are below the middle like the bottom half of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, etc... I really have no reason to complain, because they are beastly hot, but it's hot where I live too, and blech. It's the one time of year I have a really hard time tolerating.
This is probably due in an extremely large part because I don't tolerate hot weather well at all. I get heat exhaustion very easily, no matter if I drink the fluids I am supposed to, or what, it is just hard. So, there is a really valid reason for why I don't live in places that are even hotter than where I live...it would drive me crazy!!
The odd thing for me the past few years is how the level of humidity has changed. It was NEVER humid like this when I was growing up, or muggy. People like to be in denial about this, and tell me that it doesn't get humid where we live, but my little humidity monitor tells me otherwise! If there's anything worse than it being hot, it's being hot and muggy.
One of my friends commented on the hot weather the other day and one of her friends made the comment that they liked the heat better than snow. While winter can drag on at times, I definitely prefer winter to the hot muggy days of summer!
I think I write about my weather preferences a lot. Oh well. While I love the idea of spring, and spring flowers are definitely my favorite, I think I need to be realistic. I love fall. I guess if I am really honest, I love fall and spring equally. There are things I love and enjoy about both of those seasons. Then winter. Then summer. Although, if I could remove the hot weather from summer...that would just be heavenly.
Someone told me that if that is the case, I should move to Oregon or Washington....hmm.... I was just thinking I should be rich and build a summer home in Montana that we go live in as soon as school gets out. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment