Yesterday I got a phone call from my gyn's office. They left a message that went something like this: "Hi, we were just wondering how your appointment with the surgeon went, and what he thought." Not, "Hi, please call us so we can give you the results of your ultrasound..." or some other message.
So, I called them back. I asked them what the radiologist thought from the ultrasound.
Nothing.
Everything looked normal on the ultrasound.
I should have felt enormous relief, like a huge weight had been lifted...but I didn't. I felt ill at ease, like something was wrong. Like something was missed.
So, me being the curious person I am, I did a little more research. (In addition to what I have already done.) What I found wasn't overly comforting. Mainly because, there is something going on. Is is something to be worried about? I don't know. I don't know why the ultrasound didn't detect anything.
What I found out? It could still be something. It could still be something big and bad, or it could be just nothing to worry about.
For a little while I was wondering if I should cancel my appointment with the surgeon, but then decided that it would be good to get a second opinion from someone who deals with these issues all the time. Once I firmly decided that, I felt peace. I felt a huge relief, and I felt that weight lift. So, to me, that means that that is the next step and what needs to happen.
My appointment with them is on Monday. I'll keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment